Hey! Hope you are all having a great week so far.
Here’s a fantastic side for you to try. I was really surprised in how much I liked it! I hope you will too.
Recipe from Paleo Plan
- 1/2 small green cabbage, chopped
- 1 apple (I used MacIntosh) – sliced into thin pieces
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
Toss together in a bowl.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp honey
Whisk together dressing and pour over coleslaw, toss until coated evenly.
Serve and Enjoy.
I think this coleslaw will be great in the summer, it is so fresh and perfect for weekend BBQ’s.
I made this recipe to from Civilized Caveman Cooking today.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Roasted Almonds
- 1/2 Cup dried
- 1/2 Cup dried apricots
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp EVOO
- First thing you need to do is roast your almonds so preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
- Next spread out all your almonds on a baking sheet
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, for your taste test they should taste roasted but not burnt
- Leave the oven at 350 degrees
- Place your roasted almonds, blueberries, apricots, and shredded coconut in a food processor and continually pulse until all of it is minced
- Turn your food processor on low and let it run while you slow drizzle in your EVOO
- Transfer this mixture to a mixing bowl and mix well with the 2 eggs
- Using your hands, form thin patties or long bars or whatever shapes you want, just keep them about 1/4 inch thick
- Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet or nonstick baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack so they don’t continue to cook
I followed the recipe exactly, and it was delicious! Probably one of the healthiest cookies I have ever made.
I hope you try these and enjoy them as much as we did.
Thanks Civilized Caveman for the fantastic recipe!